Language Studio has had many improvements and changes between versions. In order to add more functionality to Language Studio, it was necessary to break backwards compatibility between V3.x and V2.x. However, we realize that there are many applications that are still using Language Studio V2.x APIs that have not yet updated to the V3.x APIs. To facilitate such applications, while allowing them to work in the Language Studio V3.x or later environment, a V2.x Proxy to V3.x service has been created to proxy data between the V2.x and V3.x platforms without any code changes to the applications.
Most, but not all, of the features in the V3.x API are available to the V2.x API as they are not supported by the older API. However all the main features are available.
In order to use the V2.x Proxy to V3.x, please contact your account manager to activate it for your account.
Once the Proxy has been activated for your account, it is important to take the following into consideration:
- You will not be able to access Language Studio V2.x
- All your Language Studio 2.x engines will be migrated to Language Studio V3.x
- You will need to authenticate with your Language Studio V3.x credentials.
- You will need to use Language Studio V3.x Project Numbers and Domain Codes. Your Language Studio V2.x Project Numbers and Domain Codes are different.
- You may need to synchronize your tools to download all the Language Studio V3.x Project Numbers, Domain Codes and other data.